Please scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out our donation form.
General Donation Information
- Chicago TARDIS must receive all silent auction donor forms, donated items and displays by November 17, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- Arrangements for delivery of donated items must be made by November 23, 2017. Incomplete items will not be listed or displayed.
- Donations may be delivered to the convention site starting November 25th at the Auction Director’s discretion. Walk-in donations without prior registration will not be accepted.
- When registering donations online, please clearly list any restrictions, such as expiration and black-out dates.
- Tax information will be mailed to all donors following Chicago TARDIS upon request.
- Items that meet a minimum retail value under $200 will be included in the silent auction, and those over $200 will be included in the live auction.
- Some items may be categorized as “Buy Now” by Chicago TARDIS Auction staff.
- All displays included with donations will be kept by Chicago TARDIS (and/or the high bidder) unless the donor notifies Chicago TARDIS in writing that they wish to have the display returned. If the donor wishes to have the display returned, they must pick up the display onsite after the close of the silent auction.
Silent Auction – Donation Guidelines
To maximize your exposure and bidding, below are a few tips and types of donations that have been popular in the past:
- Items related to Doctor Who, related media from cast and crew, spin-off media, and British science fiction (Blake’s 7, Red Dwarf). Memorabilia from other science fiction franchises like Star Trek may also be considered If you have questions about the appropriateness of an item, please e-mail the auction director at email@example.com
- Handcrafted items: Paintings, sketch art, knit scarves, and other fan-created crafts.
- Collectible Items such as action figures, books, audio dramas, DVD boxed sets, etc.
- Tangible items that a bidder can touch, feel or smell can market themselves, and are good ideas to include with gift certificates.
If you have questions regarding the silent or live auction, please contact our Auction Director, Gordon Dymowski.